Foundation for the development of the University of Gdańsk leads following business activities:
- research activity – expertise,
- training activity, including language courses and exams,
- organization of conferences, symposia and scholarly workshops,
- printing and publishing service,
- publicity and commercial activity,
- management of the touristic traffic of the seal centre in Hel.
COURSES AND TRAINING
The Foundation has been organizing for many years courses and trainings in various fields of knowledge for children, students and adults who want to improve their education and gain professional skills.
Currently, the Foundation implements:
- classes at the Blue School , organized by the IO UG Marine Station in the framework of the “Friends of the Baltic Nature – information and education campaign for the preservation and sustainable use of the natural resources of Pomerania Voivodship”;
- activities of the project “Matmaniacy” for students with extraordinary mathematical predisposition attending classes III – VI of primary schools in Sopot;
- language courses organized by the Foreign Languages Department of the University of Gdańsk and Herder Centre UG for students , employees and other clients; currently we offer courses at all levels , including beginners.
CONFERENCES / TRADE SHOWS
The organization of conferences, symposia and scientific workshops.
Foundation in 2004 in response to the needs of the university community started activities related to the organization of conferences, symposia and workshops. From that moment the Foundation co-organized more than 70 national and international scientific conferences. The Foundation provides financial, accounting services, legal and organizational operation of events: conferences, symposia and workshops.
The Foundation participates in the implementation and distribution of films on the subject of biodiversity of the Baltic Sea and the conservation of natural habitats of Pomerania Voivodship. Part of the films created by the Foundation is intended for sale in the Shop of Sealarium in Hel. So far, the Foundation has released two such films: “The Baltic Porpoises” and “Primary education in Hel sealarium”. The Foundation also creates films financed within co-financed projects. Such films are available by the Foundation free of charge on the Internet.
FRUG Translation Office offers translation services:
- written – ordinary and certified;
- interpreters – simultaneous and consecutive.
The offer includes translation of foreign languages such as: